How does the Speedometer work?
To display the speedometer on your video clips you need to do the followings:
- Only on Quik iOS for now
- GPS only works with Hero 5 Black
- Activate GPS on your Hero 5 in "Preferences" / "Regional"
- When filming, make sure the GPS is locked: the GPS icon becomes white when it's locked, if it's grey it means GPS tracking isn't working yet.
- Download to your phone via GoPro App - other ways of adding the videos to your device may lose GPS data because of transcoding.
- Go in the Edit View and activate the "Speedometer" option
- If you get this message “GPS data too inconsistent” it means that the GPS lock was working during only 0 to 10% of the video duration so it's not possible to display speed because we don't have enough data
- Depending on your region/country you will see x/kmph or x/mph. You can check/change your unit > 'Settings / General / Language & Region / Region Formats'.